Job vacancy: Events Co-ordinator for Holy Trinity Church and Hall
At Holy Trinity, Coleman’s Hatch, there is an opening for a Marketing and Events Co-ordinator for Holy Trinity Church and Trinity Hall. The Hall is at the centre of our Church Community and is hired out to both regular users like the Wood Turners Association, WI, Morris Men, Mother’s Union to name a few, church and community and private events. In hiring a Marketing and Events Co-ordinator, the aim is to increase the usage of the Hall and Church through paid events, thus bringing in revenue to fund the upkeep of both the fabric of the Hall and Church where possible.
Trinity Hall is located in the substantial grounds of Coleman’s Hatch Church. The role of the Marketing and Events Co-ordinator will be the organiser of events and liaison for hirer(s) enquiries alongside the front of house point of contact. As the Marketing and Events Co-ordinator you should be well organised and possess a good knowledge of planning and running multiple events as well as proven Marketing skills and background. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail are essential to this role. You will be required to work both independently and as part of a team with supervisory responsibilities.
The Key relationships are with the:
- Rector of Holy Trinity and St Mary’s Churches
- Church Administrator
- Website Co-ordinator – Online calendar of events
The key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with the front of house contact for diary information in relation to new enquiries, existing bookings, keeping regular checks on the on-line calendar and scheduled gardening and cleaning
- Maintain a list of volunteer helpers
- Inform neighbours as necessary of any events taking place
- Research, secure services and liaise with outside suppliers where necessary
- Take enquiries from Hirers and meet onsite with the front of house contact to document their requirements in order to set necessary charges, check they have adequate insurance and explain their set-up/take-down responsibilities.
- Submit budget proposals for events and ensure events stay within budget
- Prepare and collate risk register and risk assessment forms for all events
- Prepare standard checklist documents specific to events (weddings, birthday parties, pet services etc) to help facilitate adequate volunteer helpers and ease of process
- Check local listings and advertise church and hall events where appropriate
- Manage (a) set-up – delegate tasks and supervise volunteers, check heating requirements, final inspection to ensure everything is in place (b) take-down – equipment stored correctly, final cleaning provision
- Prepare and present feedback following events.
- Marketing of Events, checking local listings and reaching out to organisations to host events at Trinity Hall
- Publicise the facilities and amenities of Trinity Hall to the wider public
An active Christian faith.
Open and sympathetic to Christian faith: the Marketing and Events Co-ordinator will be working at the hub of our Church Community.
Our Marketing and Events Co-ordinator will be a good listener, able to deal with difficult personalities and circumstances and with sensitivity.
Strong on initiative and self-motivated.
Ability to work alone in consultation with the Rector, Churchwardens and other Church and Community Members and manage own time.
Computer literate and competent in using modern IT applications in preparation of Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. or other forms of marketing materials.
Aware of legal requirements to do with Data Protection.
A preparedness to acquire an awareness of the legal requirements of data protection
Safeguarding requirements for this type of role a DBS check is not needed. But the Marketing and Events Co-ordinator will be required to undergo basic Safeguarding training.
This post is subject to a 3-month probationary period.
Salary: £15 per hour, paid monthly in arrears by Direct Debit
Location: Work from home
Reports to: Rector and Churchwardens
Hours: Part time, hours to be finalised